Niroga Yoga Studio
259 29th St.
Oakland, CA 94611
Niroga Yoga Studio is operated by
the Niroga Institute, a nonprofit
Welcome to the Niroga Yoga Studio!
Niroga Yoga Studio is operated by Niroga Institute, a non-profit organization which brings yoga to underserved populations. Learn more about our outreach programs at www.niroga.org
Ahimsa is a Sanskrit word meaning non-violence or non-harmfulness. Approach your yoga practice with the spirit of ahimsa by listening closely to your body and mind. Yoga is also non-competitive and encourages you to let go of all judgments of yourself and others.
Which yoga class is right for me?
Please read our class descriptions for general information about the classes. If you have any questions about which classes are right for you please call the office at 510-451-3004 or email us at .
Before you arrive for class:
- No pre-registration is required for yoga classes. Classes are offered on a drop in basis unless otherwise advertised. However, a signed waiver is required before your first class.
- Please arrive to class 10-15 minutes early to allow time to sign in and set up your practice space.
- Refrain from eating a large meal before taking a yoga class.
- Wear comfortable clothing that allows for full range of motion.
- We provide mats, blocks, straps, bolsters, and blankets; however, bringing your own yoga mat is encouraged.
- Please remember to silence your electronic devices upon entering the studio.
- Out of respect for people with environmental illness and related health conditions, please do not wear any fragranced products at the Niroga Studio. However, please be aware that Fellowship Hall is a shared space with other organizations and is not entirely scent free.
- The Niroga Studio is wheelchair accessible, however, the restrooms are not.
Download waiver form (PDF)
You will need to fill out this waiver before your first class. This will save you time when you enter the studio for the first time. All minors (under 18 years) must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian prior to their first class. Since some high schoolers will be coming straight from school it’s a good idea to print the waiver and have the parent or guardian sign so that the student can bring it into the studio. You’ll only have to fill this form out once and we’ll keep them all on file.
Private Lessons and Consultations:
Find out about the variety of therapeutic services provided by Niroga Studio's Holistic Health Practitioners.